Home  >  News

No toll hike for four highways for five years

KUALA LUMPUR, Friday 15 October 2010 (Bernama) -- The toll rates on four highways owned by PLUS Expressways Berhad will not be raised for the next five years as a means of alleviating the burden of highway users, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said today.

Tabling Budget 2011 in the Dewan Rakyat, he said the government was very concerned with the rising transport cost borne by the people.

Najib, who is also the finance minister, said RM15.2 billion was allocated to construct new hospitals, increase the number of doctors and nurses as well as to obtain supplies of medicines and equipment.

He also said that since last year, 51 1Malaysia clinics were in operation and the government would provide an additional 25 1Malaysia clinics.

"The government is committed to ensuring that access to quality healthcare is available to all the people," he said.

MySinchew 2010.10.15

 

广告
Copyright © 2019 Sin Chew Media Corporation Berhad (98702-V).
All rights reserved. Contact us : [email protected]