Home  >  News

Puchong blast work of IS militants: IGP

  • Police confirm last week's grenade explosion in Puchong was the work of IS militants, the first such incident in the country.

KUALA LUMPUR, July 4 (Bernama) -- Police today confirmed that the grenade explosion at an entertainment centre in Puchong last Tuesday was the work of Daesh militants, the first such incident in the country, and said a teenager and a man were arrested in Port Klang the following day over the incident.

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar said the suspects, aged 19 and 52, had taken instructions from Muhammad Wanndy Mohamed Jedi, a member of the Daesh Malaysia terrorist group in Syria.

"They had received instructions from Muhammad Wanndy to attack entertainment outlets in this country.

"Their other targets were the country's senior leaders, the police and judges," he told a press conference at Bukit Aman here.

Khalid said preliminary investigation found that they had obtained the grenades from a neighbouring country.

"We also seized various sharp weapons and other stuff such as Daesh flags from the suspects.

"This is the first terror attack in the country and we are undertaking a thorough investigation," he said.

Khalid also said that the police were on the hunt for two more suspects who were involved in the incident.

He named them as Md Saifuddin Muji, 28, and Jasanizam Rosni, 33, and said they were from Johor.

"We appeal to the people to immediately inform the police if they come across them," he said.

At least eight people were injured, one of them seriously, in an explosion caused by hand grenades at an entertainment centre at IOI Boulevard in Puchong near here on June 28.

 

广告
Copyright © 2019 Sin Chew Media Corporation Berhad (98702-V).
All rights reserved. Contact us : [email protected]